Green Environmental Consultants
Green Environmental Consultants was founded by Jacqui Green who is the Director and principal ecologist. Having a background with statutory agencies and a wildlife charity before setting up as a freelance consultant, field based skills and reporting are the fundamentals of our work.
Green Environmental Consultants undertake a considerable amount of work in-house, but through a network of associates with whom we work closely and regularly, we are able to undertake projects requiring a wider range of specialist knowledge. Most species licences are held by personnel associated with the company.
We have extensive experience working on both small and large scale projects, and provide our clients with a personal service. Our client base includes planners, developers, landscape architects and civil engineers, as well as local authorities and individuals.
Believing strongly in maintaining and promoting the highest professional standards, Green Environmental Consultants adhere to the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management's Code of Professional Conduct. Jacqui Green is a Chartered Ecologist and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (FCIEEM).
We specialise in field surveys from baseline (Preliminary Ecological Surveys) to detailed (stage 2) species and habitat assessments as well as Ecological Impact Assessments.
With considerable experience in wildlife and planning related issues we have expertise in guiding clients through the maze of wildlife legislation and licensing, with regard to site specific issues.
Once planning permission is obtained we can help with licensing for protected species, translocations, mitigation and compensation. Related work includes pre-works assessments, licence implementation and Ecological Clerk of Works.
We also keep up-to-date with initiatives such as BREEAM and Biodiversity Nett Gain.
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisals
- Ecological aspects of Environmental Impact Assessment (EcIA)
- Protected species surveys (including Great Crested Newts, bats, Water Voles, Otters, Dormice, Badgers, crayfish and others)
- Licensing required for protected species work
- Mammal surveys and mitigation, especially Badgers, Water Voles and Otters
- Herpetofauna issues, including amphibian and reptile surveys, mitigation and translocation
- Botanical surveys, including extended Phase I and National Vegetation Classification, as well as aquatic plants
- Biodiversity surveys and related issues eg bird surveys, invertebrates.
- Specialist habitat surveys such as roads and rivers and specific engineering projects such as pipelines and road schemes.
- Clerk of Works during site preparation and construction.
- Training in ecological field survey techniques
Staff and associates of Green Environmental Consultants hold all major survey licences including Great Crested Newt and bat survey licences
Established in 1990, Green Environmental Consultants has developed into one of the UK's leading small consultancies, providing independent and high quality ecological services. Although a small company, through a network of highly experienced and trusted Associates, Green Environmental Consultants undertake a wide variety of ecological projects, from small to large scale.
Based in Cambridgeshire, the majority of our work is undertaken in East Anglia and the East Midlands, but frequently includes London and the rest of the south-east. We are happy to work further afield.
In addition to the specialist subjects mentioned above, Green Environmental Consultants can, through a network of independent consultants working together on selected projects, provide multi-disciplinary teams which include the subject areas listed below, and many others.
- Specialist bat surveys of trees, buildings and other features. Issues such as licensing and mitigation are regularly addressed
- Bird surveys, including but not restricted to, breeding bird surveys, wintering bird surveys, censusing and monitoring
- Invertebrate surveys, including a wide range of terrestrial and aquatic invertebrates, brownfield, grassland and woodland species as well as indicator species, and specialist groups such as butterflies, moths and beetles
- Fisheries surveys including species and biomass. Fisheries surveys include White-clawed Crayfish which is a protected species. Fish rescues during draw down can also be provided.
If you do not see the subject you are interested in listed on this website, contact Jacqui Green for an informal discussion about your requirements
Green Environmental Consultants has a wealth of experience built up over more than twenty-five years and a portfolio of over 1,000 projects. Our key work sectors include residential and commercial development, and utilities.
Examples of key projects include:
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EcIA) of projects such as: a housing development and associated infrastructure in Hertfordshire and a major company’s HQ in the West Country.
- A large housing scheme in Cambridgeshire which required species translocations and appropriate licenses
- Ecological aspects, including an EcIA, of a waste recycling plant in Essex, including protected species issues and licenses
- Decommissioning of a gas installation in Buckinghamshire, within a highly sensitive area; impacts of extensions to other gas installations, and a replacement gas pipeline with potentially significant ecological impacts in Norfolk.
- A number of Great Crested Newt surveys and translocations under licence
- Many appraisals and assessments of sites varying from 5m² to hundreds of hectares in size. Projects have included developments involving a listed pill box, installation of metering equipment in sensitive locations, and a major housing development of over 5,000 dwellings
- Farm developments such as barn conversions
- Protected species surveys, translocations and mitigation including Great Crested Newts, bats, Badgers, reptiles (Grass Snakes, Slow-worms and Lizards)
- Sites including rural, brownfield, quarries, airfields, rivers, individual buildings and structures
Our clients include many small-scale developers as well as:
Amber Homes • Aviva • Brown & Co Barfords • Beechwood Homes • Bellis Homes Ltd • Camstead Homes • Capreon • Cheffins • Countryside Properties (UK) Ltd • Fairfield Homes Ltd • The Fairfield Partnership • The Fairhaven Estate • Friends Mutual Developments • Hallmark Care Homes • Hertfordshire County Council • Honace Ltd • J B Planning Associates • J & J Design Ltd • Keymer Cavendis • Laxton Properties Ltd • MHB planning • Osprey Homes • Planning-Works Ltd • Rush Construction Services Ltd • Sherwood Architects • Waller Planning • Wheatley Homes Ltd
Get in Touch
Green Environmental Consultants Ltd,
22 Heath Road
Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge CB25 0LS